Fellows Project: Alzheimer’s Association Marketing & Communications Plan
- Team Leader – Aleah Schutze, Of Counsel at Steptoe & Johnson, PLLC
- Clint Eakles, Financial Advisor at ARGI
- Emily Just, Assistant Director of Administration at University of Louisville Center of Excellence for Research in Infectious Diseases
- Aaron McKinney, Account Executive at L&D Mail Masters
- Lindsay K. Scott, Senior Associate at Wyatt, Tarrant & Combs, LLP
- Marisa Tichenor, Director of Client Management at Humana
The Alzheimer’s Association, Greater Kentucky and Southern Indiana Chapter (“Association”) requested help creating and implementing a marketing and communications plan. The HEN fellows worked with the Association’s Executive Director and its Longest Day Manager to develop four goals that would have maximum impact for the Association.
- Goal 1 – Form teams to support the Walk to End Alzheimer’s
Each HEN fellow formed and registered a team to participate in the Walk to End Alzheimer’s which was held virtually on October 10. The Walk to End Alzheimer’s is the Associations largest fundraiser, and the fellows competed against each other with a friendly competition to take the honor of being the top fundraising team. In total, Team ALZ raised over $4300 for the Walk to End Alzheimer’s.
- Goal 2 – Social Media and marketing activities
Team ALZ worked with the Association to create social media and marketing activities, even bringing in a volunteer marketing person from Humana to assist with this goal. Additionally, Team ALZ developed an internship position so the Association can utilize talent from local colleges to keep up with its social media marketing and communications.
- Goal 3 – Creation of deliverables that the Association can use going forward
The team developed content for social media and marketing materials that the Association can use in the future.
- Goal 4 – Obtain corporate sponsors for the Walk to End Alzheimer’s
Team ALZ solicited local businesses to sponsor the Walk to End Alzheimer’s raising over $10,000.
In total, the Healthcare Fellows Team ALZ raised $14,525 for the Alzheimer’s Association!