Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion
The Health Enterprises Network Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion committee will work to be more inclusive of women and people of color in organization initiatives including, Board of Directors, board committees as well as provide guidance for speakers at events as well as helping to increase the diversity of the Health Enterprises Network community.
The purpose of the Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Committee (Committee) is to (i) provide advice and recommendations to the Board regarding diversity, equity, and inclusion matters; (ii) monitor HEN activities to ensure that diversity, equity, and inclusion goals are always considered; (iii) assess the decree of commitment and achievement; and (iv) report information to the Board on status and accomplishments.
The Committee will serve in an advisory role to the Health Enterprises Network Board of Directors and will focus their efforts in the following areas:
- Access-increase opportunities for underrepresented populations to attend and succeed within the HEN community;
- Awareness– spread understanding of the opportunities for a healthcare organization operating within a diverse society;
- Education – grow the Board’s understanding of diversity, equity, and inclusion so it can use this knowledge to identify new ways to address and implement solutions to complex healthcare challenges;
- Communication – Communicate internally and externally about the positive impact of diversity, equity and inclusion via all communication channels, events, and programs at every level of the organization; and
- Track – Establish qualitative and quantitative objectives to judge the impact of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion actions taken and monitor progress.
Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion initiatives within Investor Companies
Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield
Passport Health Plan
University of Louisville