Greater Louisville Inc. will honor seven Louisville organizations at its Annual Meeting presented by Baird on March 24th at the Kentucky International Convention Center. The Silver Fleur-de-Lis Awards are given annually to recognize outstanding commitments and achievements during the previous year in making the Louisville community a better place to live and work.This year four awards will be given to seven organizations for their work in 2021:
- Vincenzo’s for retaining a majority of their staff during the pandemic and being a continued advocate for Downtown businesses. Owner-operator, Vincenzo Gabriele, and Chef-Owner, Agostino Gabriele, will accept the award.
- Four organizations will be honored for their collective work in collaboration with GLI’s Power to Prosper Minority Business Accelerator to create new incubators and accelerators that are advancing racial equity in Greater Louisville.
- AMPED for the launch of Russell Tech Business Incubator. Dave Christopher, Sr., executive director, will accept the award on behalf of the organization.
- GEDDI for the creation of Just Boss Up Academy. Founder, Tawana Bain, will accept the award on behalf of the organization.
- Old Walnut Street Minority Business Incubator for the launch of the Purpose Driven Developer Academy. Kevin Fields, president & CEO of Louisville Central Community Center, will accept on the organization’s behalf.
- One West for the creation of The Plan Room. President and CEO, Evon Smith, will accept the award on behalf of the organization.
- UPS for the company’s essential work in the efficient national distribution of COVID-19 vaccines and continuing to lean on Greater Louisville as a global hub. Jeff Wafford, director of public affairs, will be present to accept the award on the company’s behalf.
- Jefferson Community and Technical College for the launch of the school’s Advanced Manufacturing and Information Technology Center (AMIT), which is a pivotal tool to develop and retain top talent in the region. The college’s president, Dr. Ty Handy, will accept the award on its behalf.
“Each year, our Silver Fleur-de-Lis Awards honor the leaders in our community that went above and beyond to support our economy and community last year,” said Sarah Davasher-Wisdom, president and CEO of Greater Louisville Inc. “Change and progress take work from every sector in our economy and this year’s award recipients show that work within individual organizations can lead to collective progress for our community. Each of these individuals have taken action in their own sectors to make our region a better place to live, work, and thrive, and I am looking forward to celebrating their accomplishments at Annual Meeting.”here.GLI’s Annual Meeting presented by Baird is the Greater Louisville business community’s largest event of the year, bringing together top business, community, and elected leaders. The theme of this year’s event is talent and the program will focus on comprehensive solutions to address talent shortages through attraction, retention and development. The program will also include a fireside chat with keynote speaker, Ginnie Carlier, EY Americas Vice Chair – Talent, on maximizing talent strategies. Tickets and tables are available for purchase