Hospitals and health systems nationwide are facing the new reality of a talent gap in their reimbursement departments due to retirements and The Great Resignation.
BKD CPAs & Advisors offers a full and flexible suite of co-sourcing solutions to help regulatory reimbursement departments adapt to this changing landscape and meet all of their cost report and other regulatory reporting needs.
The Co-Sourcing Reimbursement Enterprise Solutions suite is driven by BKD advisors’ deep knowledge of the field and passion for working with clients on Medicare and Medicaid reimbursement matters. A form of outsourcing, this work can help health system leaders focus more energy on oversight and strategy knowing this important function is carried out by trusted advisors who understand the complexities of government reimbursement.
“This is a vitally important yet highly specialized field, and the growing knowledge and talent gap we see across the industry has led us to recommit ourselves to helping solve this urgent problem for our clients,” said Brad Brotherton, health care regulatory practice leader at BKD.
The newly revamped offering comes at a time when hospitals and health systems face challenges in maintaining margins, including:
- A generation of in-house reimbursement leaders retiring or leaving the industry
- Swift changes in the regulatory reimbursement field, especially as the federal government continues to address COVID-19
- Acceleration in mergers and acquisitions that can put even the most stable organizations at risk if a newly acquired asset is not as financially sound
Services available through BKD’s new platform include:
- Reimbursement director outsourcing
- Cost report compliance reviews
- Strategic cost report reviews
- Special reimbursement project assistance
- Ongoing team member training and education “Our approach is to utilize the expertise across our firm and involve members of our Health Care Performance Advisory Services team at each step so that we’re able to do much more than simply identify cost savings or reimbursement revenue,” Brotherton said.
As one of the nation’s Top 10 health care consulting firms, BKD has decades of experience in helping hospitals and health systems enhance reimbursement and improve processes, which aids in advancement of the organization’s mission.
The firm’s trusted health care regulatory advisors have launched a complimentary educational series on this topic, Revolutionizing Your Regulatory Reimbursement Department, to help guide and foster organizational reimbursement leaders going into 2022 and beyond. Read the first entry in this series, “Monitoring the Regulatory Environment,” and subscribe to future Thoughtware articles online.