Norton Healthcare making strides to address health equity
Last summer, Russell Cox, president and CEO, Norton Healthcare, outlined five imperatives to address health and racial inequalities. They included:
- Establishing the Institute for Health Equity, a part of Norton Healthcare
- Ensuring access to primary care for everyone
- Committing to mirror our community within the Norton Healthcare leadership team
- Providing education and advocacy on health policy issues
- Investing an additional $20 million over five years in underserved areas
Much has been accomplished since the announcement. Norton Healthcare employees volunteered to serve on work groups established for each imperative, and changes are underway. Read more in the January issue of Medical News.