Greater Louisville Inc. (GLI) welcomed its incoming Board of Directors and Executive Committee, including new leadership, 12 new voting members and six new representative directors. Tom McMahon, Chair of the Health Enterprises Network, was among the six selected as representative directors.
As a private, non-profit 501(c)(6) organization, GLI is governed by a volunteer Board of Directors consisting of 51 voting members and 30 non-voting members. The Executive Committee of the Board is made up of 11 elected members from the Board of Directors.
Jennifer Willis, Commercial Region President of Humana, was elected 2021 Chairwoman of the Board. She succeeds Lonnie Bellar, Chief Operating Officer of LG&E and KU Energy LLC. Bellar will continue serving on GLI’s Executive Committee as Immediate Past Chair. Purna Veer, President of V-Soft Consulting Group, Inc. was elected to serve as Chair-Elect. Jeff McKenzie, Partner of Dentons Bingham Greenbaum LLP, was elected Secretary and Legal Counsel, while Brad Smith, Managing Partner of MCM CPAs & Advisors, will serve as Treasurer.
“I am honored to lead GLI’s Board of Directors in the coming year,” said Willis. “We have our work cut out for us and I am confident this new group of leaders is well-equipped to lead the regional business community towards economic recovery and prosperity.”
The following members were appointed to the GLI Executive Committee:
- Lonnie Bellar, Chief Operating Officer, LG&E and KU Energy LLC
- Russell F. Cox, President & CEO, Norton Healthcare
- Condrad Daniels, President, HJI Supply Chain Solutions
- Les Fugate, VP, Director, State & Local Government Relations, Brown-Forman
- Steve Gault, President, Stephen C. Gault Co.
- Jeff McKenzie, Partner, Dentons Bingham Greenbaum LLP
- Simon Richards, President and CEO, Thorntons LLC
- Camilla Schroeder, President, Advance Ready Mix Concrete
- Brad Smith, Managing Partner, MCM CPAs & Advisors
- Purna Veer, President, V-Soft Consulting Group, Inc.
- Jennifer Willis, Commercial Region President, Humana
13 leaders were selected as new voting members of the Board of Directors:
- Tawana Bain, CEO, TBAIN & CO
- Lance Mann, Director, Dean Dorton
- OJ Oleka, President, Association of Independent Kentucky Colleges & Universities
- Caroline Miller Oyler, Chief Legal & Risk Officer and Corporate Secretary, Papa John’s International
- Diana Quesada, Senior Vice President – Louisville Market Executive, Paducah Bank
- Kendrick Riggs, Member Louisville and Vice Chair, Stoll Keenon Ogden PLLC
- Krishnan Sastry, CEO, Appriss
- Lesa Seibert, CEO & Co-Founder, Mightily
- Michael Wade Smith, Chief of Staff & External Affairs, University of Louisville
- David Tate, Managing Partner, BKD CPAs & Advisors
- Jeff Wafford, Director of Public Affairs, UPS
- Dr. Kwane Watson, CEO, Kare Mobile
In addition, the following six representative directors were selected:
- Derek Bland, 2021 Chair Advanced Manufacturing & Logistics Network
- Carrie Butler, Executive Director, TARC
- Rebecca Fleischaker, Co-Chief, Louisville Forward
- Stacy Griggs, 2021 Chair TechFirst Network
- Tom McMahon, 2021 Chair Health Enterprises Network
- Evon Smith, President & CEO, OneWest
“After a thorough process, I am proud that our new board is representative of our community and will contribute to our ongoing journey towards creating a more inclusive economy. The diversity of this team will ensure GLI is working towards the best interests of businesses in all corners of our region,” said Sarah Davasher-Wisdom, President and CEO of GLI.