As of January 6, 2021, the Supreme Court of Kentucky issued Administrative Orders 2021-01 and 2021-02 to replace Administrative Orders 2020-71 and 2020-72 in their entirety. The Orders extend restrictions on in person proceedings that were set to expire on February 1, 2021, including:
- Postponing all jury trials until April 1, 2021;
- Requiring all grand jury trials to either be held remotely or suspended;
- Suspending show cause dockets until April 1, 2021;
- Requiring judicial sales to be conducted either remotely or outside and in accordance with CDC guidelines; and
- Postponing all in-person meetings of Kentucky Court of Justice (“KCOJ”) committees, commissions, task forces, boards and other administrative bodies until April 1, 2021.
The remainder of the Orders delineate appropriate procedures to be followed within KCOJ facilities and largely replicate the restrictions enforced throughout the COVID-19 pandemic. For more information regarding the restrictions, follow the link to our post on the previous orders. The Orders are in effect until further guidance is published.