Dean Dorton announced a reseller partnership with Cloudian®, the most widely deployed independent provider of object storage systems. Dean Dorton will offer Cloudian’s HyperStore® exabyte-scalable storage system to customers throughout the Kentucky, Indiana, and Ohio region, enabling users to cost effectively store, manage, and protect massive amounts of unstructured data.
In addition to modular and limitless scalability, the award-winning HyperStore platform provides:
- Fully native S3 API compatibility so customers can capitalize on the growing ecosystem of S3-compatible applications.
- Geo-distribution for easily managing storage across multiple data centers and hybrid cloud environments, all from a single pane of glass.
- Multi-cloud support to eliminate vendor lock-in.
- Rich metadata tagging, facilitating Google-like search and AI/analytics applications.
- Integrated management tools such as billing and quality of service controls.
- Multi-tenancy to provide users with secure, self-managed storage within a shared platform.
- Up to 70% cost savings over alternative disk-and tape-based offerings.
Cloudian also recently announced a new solution with Veeam that provides ransomware protection within an end-to-end, on-premises backup architecture. The Cloudian-Veeam solution supports S3 Object Lock, enabling customers to make backup data copies immutable and ensure availability of an uninfected copy for reliable recovery in the event of a ransomware attack.
“The Cloudian solution will round out our portfolio of object storage solutions allowing us to provide AWS S3 compatible storage for customers that prefer on-premises storage for their bulk data such as backups, media files and video surveillance recordings,” said David Rice, Senior Infrastructure Engineer at Dean Dorton. “In addition, it further complements are partnership with Veeam to provide ransomware protection through immutable backups to the Cloudian solution.”