My Health E is working with the University of Louisville Center for Optimal Aging who received a a grant from the World Health Organization to spearhead The Age-Friendly Louisville program. More info here: https://www.agefriendlylou.com/strategic-plan
My Health E is working with the Age friendly Louisville program in the Community Support and Health Services (CSHS) domain of this initiative.
The Community Support & Health Services workgroup is guided by the mission of ensuring that residents of Louisville:
- will know how to access health resource clearinghouse networks,
- will have access to health resources in their local community and
- will be supported in their interest to “age in place” due the compassionate care of well-trained public service employees, caregivers, and family members.
This group works to promote health resource awareness, increase partnerships for aging-in-place training, and provide education for healthcare providers and community members on the risk of opioid medications. The group is looking for other healthcare stakeholders who are interested in being part of this initiative. Learn more about the CSHS domain here. https://www.agefriendlylou.com/community-support
This group meets on the 1st Tuesday of every month, so pencil us in or make a reoccurring appointment on your calendar. To learn more please consider attending our next meeting on Tuesday, March 5, 2019 from 2:00 – 4:00 PM at Jewish Family & Career Services, 2821 Klempner Way, Louisville, KY 40205.
Objectives of March’s meeting, which will include:
- a review of the Focus Groups (see attached) for the first hour
- Then we will have brief presentations from several guest speakers from 211 Metro United Way, KIPDA, Sara Teeters from Metro Louisville, MyHealthE.net (to be scheduled)
Please direct any questions you are not able to answer to Coby Watier, CEO, My Health E at Coby@MyHealthE.net