TUESDAY, MARCH 21, 2017
Health Enterprises Network presents, “FLATLINED: Resuscitating Long Term Care,” a strategic look into the future of skilled nursing facilities in Kentucky.
Kentucky has at least one nursing home in every county, with a total of 281 nursing homes and 88 personal care homes.Kentucky has at least one nursing home in every county, with a total of 281 nursing homes and 88 personal care homes. Combined, these facilities care for over 36,000 people, provide over 30,000 jobs and provide $200 million in state and local taxes. Aon Risk Solutions’ 2015 Long Term Care report states Kentucky’s long-term care providers are paying over $336 million in liability insurance annually, $9,350 per bed – the highest in the nation!
Join us on March 21, 2017, for a dynamic panel discussion that will dive deeper into current tort reform legislation in Frankfort and potential outcomes, the economic development impact to Kentucky’s business attraction strategies, and how Long Term Care will need to evolve to adapt and survive into the next decade.
- Senator Ralph Alvarado, Kentucky Senate District 28
- Sarah Davasher-Wisdom, COO, GLI, the Metro Chamber of Commerce
- Mary Haynes, President & CEO, Nazareth Home
- Marc Rothman MD CMD, Senior Chief Medical Officer, Kindred Healthcare
- Keith Knapp, Associate Professor, Health Sciences, Bellarmine University and former CEO, Christian Care Communities